Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mailing Address: Butuan City (and Gingoog City)


Dear Butuan Friend(s),


I'm back in Cebu! Like other places I had visited, I sadly said
"Bye Butuan...". It's weird, but I honestly felt attached to the
place, and I guess what with my one week stay. But I've got to
say home will always be sweet home :D

Searching the Net, there wasn't much attraction until I got to
go around the city... and amused myself! Hee :D


Surprise surprise! My wish was certainly granted. And my search
for a Butuan friend? Was I kidding myself when I said that? God
definitely loves me!

butuan city
[images taken from flight to butuan and some from my room at julien's inn. yum chocolates from auntie joy!]


To My Butuan Friend: Lonely Planet

Thank god, I borrowed you from Rick :) Although there were
a lot of details that were no longer applicable, and a lot more
that I'd definitely add, you were such a gem.


butuan lonely planet
[the last image is the Agusan Marsh that the province boasts of]

Destination: City Cafe, Almont Hotel (Formerly Big Bowl Restaurant stated in Lonely Planet)

I had to go back to the centro for this (and this was the place I
wanted to drop by on my trip around the Rizal area.) This time
I was still in shorts, but I've got a neater top than and sandals.

Place Rating: Great (kinda posh-ish, with great lighting and interiors,
with an piano accompaniment to add the hotel-ish ambiance)
Location Rating: Great (it was easily accessible, and there it was the
outside was safe enough for me)
Food Rating: Okay (but nothing more than the ordinary, but I must
admit it looks good in pic, diba?)
Drinks Rating: Great (just the right sweetness)
Dessert Rating: Great (I guess you can never go wrong with a plate
of fresh fruits)


city cafe, butuan city

[images taken at city cafe, almont hotel]


To My Butuan Friend(s): Kuya Tricycle Driver
Destination: Diosdado Macapagal Bridge

I was counting how many cabs were running around the place, and
they weren't much. I was told there were about only five, and I must
say that it was super nice that there are many of you who were
readily available.

Observations: All of the tricycle units that I have seen have "Butuan
City" labels at the upper front; The units come in two colors with
majority in bright orange, and few in lime green.
Place Rating: Nice (There were a number of food vendors, as well)
Ride Rating: Super Great (Very affordable, and Kuya did not take me
some other place, kidnap paranoia, Ha :D)
Kuya Rating: Super Great (Very accommodating, and he even agreed
when I asked him to take a picture of me with a kilometro, wee :D)


Trivia: I was told by Sir Sammy that it apparently was a white elephant
project as there were only few who go by at. I'm not sure how true it
is but the other side is said to be a dead-end-ish.

Nonetheless, I was super glad that I was able to catch the sunset. With
30 pesos fare (and a tip of an additional 20), it was an adventure!


diosdado macapagal bridge, butuan city

[images taken at diosdado macapagal bridge, butuan city; the lower left picture is my favorite shot.]


To My Butuan Friend: Sir Sammy
Destination: Uncle Sam's and Goat to geder

Food Trip! I mean, free food! Hee :D Although you claim to have not
visited other places in Butuan that I was able to discover, you definitely
knew the best eating places. Uncle Sam's really boasted the crispy
beef thingee, and Goat to geder the yummy Kaldereta and those other
orders, which names I have forgotten.

Sayang I didn't have the camera with me during our Goat to geder pig
out. Hmmm... Did I just say that right? Ha :D (No ironies intended.)
Sooo... maybe next time.

More than those dine outs, I would honestly count myself lucky if I do get
to work with you again. Or should I say FOR you? ;D

Photobucket
[images taken at Uncle Sam's Restaurant, with a stolen shot of Sir Sammy at the upper left corner.]


To My Butuan Friends: Lotlot, Lalang and Upaw (the kid chicharon vendors, who became my instant models)
Desitination: Butuan Regional Museum (unlike what Lonely Planet details, there wasn't any entrance fee)

Butuan is said to have existed centuries ago, even before the Philippines
did exist! Surprised? I was a bit pondering on that claim. But hey, they
have archaeologic and ethnologic artifacts to prove that. I would have loved
to take some few shots inside, but I was a good girl that I supposedly was
and didn't even steal some captures, hehe. You guys proud of me? Hee :D

The archaeologic was a bit spooky for me, admittedly. I guess it had a lot
to do about the skulls and the remains display at the end of the room, but I'd
love to take some of the bead accessories, if only I could.

More than the interesting collection, I was really surprised with man-made
pond. It was really really nice, and quiet. I'd love to go back again. I hope
all of you will be there to sell some chicharon again. I'll be sure to bring my
camera again, rest assured.


butuan city museum

[images takan at the museum, and my new found friends, whose names I really remembered.]


To My Butuan Relatives: Uncle Boi (Daddy's Cousin) and Auntie Joy
Destination: Butuan Home and Gingoog City

I'm sorry I wasn't able to take on your offer to join you on your Davao trip,
but I was sure glad to catch up with you at Gingoog City. I honestly have
to see the picture again to remember the place. Gi-ngo-og. Truth be told
with no offense meant for the residents there, I didn't know there was
such place! Hehe, nonetheless, it was such a great discovery for me.

Adventure:
- About 2 hours bus ride from Butuan City, you can just ask the konductor
to you drop you off at the terminal.
- Swimming in the rain! I enjoyed the beach regardelss if the place had black
sand. I enjoyed my natural spa with the crystals :D
- Quary site (where some of Uncle Boi's trucks were operating) The place
was really interesting, and the sunset? It was a wonder!
- Big Truck ride! I didn't really mind the humid temperature inside the truck,
I felt as if I was a little girl asked to try out riding inside the fire truck, Hehe :D


with uncle boi and auntie joy
[images taken at the visited places in Gingoog City, and some from Butuan home. See the flat screen tv? It was really huge, I was not able to fit in the picture, Hehe. The two pictures at both ends are among my favorites/]


To My Gingoog City Friends: Black Sand Friends
Destination: Dinah Beach Resort, Gingoog City


Once I get the time, I'll have the pictures posted at friendster, so that they
will be accessible to you. The little kids were a bit kulit, but I was happy
clicking away, surprisingly had a few flickr-worthy pictures ;D

Photobucket
[images taken at Dinah Beach Resort]


Endless thank-you's again for the adventures with me. And to Greenbank of Caraga employees, it was really nice working with you. I'll see you on the 20th!

Will post other details soon! Contact details and etc.

Mwah!


Lotsa Love from your Cebu friend,
Chari


0 commentaries:

Post a Comment