Monday, June 8, 2009

I'm back. without virus I hope


I still have my stuff left unpacked - that or left to gather and bring inside the cabinet.

I'm home! Nothing really beats that noh? Despite how much I grew accustomed to sleeping in literally different beds, going from place to place with only a drawn map in yellow pad in hand, and falling in love with friendship and partnership, I actually feel more safe. (Or safer. Same difference?) Must be that this time I wouldn't have to outwit over-charging cab drivers, nor get paranoid over one cough to be swine flu virus.

Anywaaay,
That weekend felt longer than it actually was, idunno how that happened as it should have been the contrary. Mady mentioned that and I can only agree. Credit goes to Cebu Pacific low fare promo of course, and well, my boss for the leave approval.

For what, you might ask?

i love manila. minus the traffic
[images from last April visit.]

Pollution nor traffic can deter my happy spirits. Although hating over-charging cab drivers all the more, I guess I will always love going back to the capital.

With no actual particular plans set, I tagged along Madeline and Jany, joined by Gucci-boy and Ela tagging along whoever, hehe. Endless pigging out and going around places, I got to know each other's partners and fell in love with them in the process! As it is, both Gucci and Ela captured my heart, and I can only wish everyone to be happy and in love :)

Sigh.

I have soooo much memories to remember for that trip, and as it would go, it would be the nth time for me to whine about missing my camera! (I am forgetful, am I?) A trip to Cubao Ex even made me think if I should go lomo...

go lomo?


Wouldn't that be exciting? And well, expensive.

Anywaaay, so here are my new discoveries from that trip. I'll probably post other details next time when I get a copy of the few pictures from Ela's phone and Gucci's cam.

To visit:

1. Cubao Ex (short for Expo)
This is near Gateway Mall. If you love vintage and anything unique (short for weird, hehe), then this place is for you. There were a looot of artsy fartsy stuff I wish I could have brought home! Spells expensiiiveee. Jany and Seleena said that it was like Outpost here in Cebu, only more artsy.

Idunno if I can describe that as that though, but I'd say it's like a square village with outer-corner houses, as well as those in the center, wherein knocking in each door would be a surprise.

Seleena said I should try the drink with yakult in the mix at I love You store. Although I have yet to remember the name, I'd half agree with Seleena when she said it's gastronomic experience.


2. Malls
This is everywhere! Hehe. I have only a few more to visit to complete the list but it wouldn't be Manila if you don't get to drop by even one of them.

List as far as I can remember right now: Rockwell, Trinoma, Bonifacio High Street, Glorietta, Ever Gotesco, Glorietta, Edsa Shang, SM MOA, SM Megamall, Landmark, Star Mall, whew.
Added to this list: Gateway and Mall 168 (Divisoria :D)

Tag: Endless walking, endless spending, comfortable footwear needed

3. Palladium
This is Mady's and her family's place at Shaw area. Although it would require you actually knowing someone from the village, I can only imagine the potential of the place for photo-op, hehe. The Europian structures, as well as pillars were lovellyyy.

And Ate Jovit's room's shower? Extra lovellyyy.

4. Glorietta: Food
The afternoon on our arrival, Gucci treated me and Mady at this Buffalo wings resto at Ortigas area. Although the food was really yummy, I couldn't help answering Jany's question where I'd like to have dinner with "somewhere there's rice!" Hehe :)

Sooo...
That's Recipes for me. Dinner was reaaaallly yum. (It's a Pinoy resto serving rice, hehe.)

Then there's Cold Rock. I soo felt like Prinsesa that time uttering "happy!" endless times after seeing all the goodies. (It's an ice cream store where they mix in your choices of ice cream and add-on goodies - as chocolates, candy sprinkles, butterscotch, et cetera, and molding it into a high-calorie but yummy treat)



Try something new:

a. Try the scratch and win lotto. Probability of winning might be close to null, but nothing beats believing in luck sometimes. Hehe.

b. Play a board game even without knowing the rules. You can always make your own!

c. Ride LRT and MRT with only map-drawn directions as guide. Adventure anyone?

d. Play with Gucci's car freshner with these tiny balls, get really fascinated with them, and get happily surprised when he gets you your own :)


To be continued...
(sleepy)

0 commentaries:

Post a Comment