Sunday, September 6, 2009

I want to be cool



Around this time yesterday I was singing my heart and lungs out as I am today... in the office.
Only this time, two of my teammates are no longer around forced to have me tell them that
I will be singing one song, and forced to listen to it.

Yes, I was shouting the lyrics out, as if it would kill me to have it any other way, most part
of it closing my eyes and wiggling my head, as if it were my concert. Ohdiba?

And yes, I'm alone here at the office, and have not started on my task...yet. On the contrary,
I have a soon to be emptied liter of orange juice I bought about an hour ago at the gas station.

Hence, I am alone, with orange juice in my stomach, singing. I wish I knew how to, though,
than just belting out, or better yet shouting some lines. Or probably play the guitar, or better
yet dance?


I was at Outpost last night, and I was actually mesmerized by two characters. Yes, I was in total
awe, enough for me to wish that my next life, I will really be a rock star.

There was this girl who played the piano. I actually knew her from UP, having strut down the cat
walk about a number of times, as I have stolen some pictures of her. I think she's really really
pretty. Not the prettiest, as there easily are other models who have fine faces. But I guess, she's
got this x factor that most scouts are probably in the look out for.

Very same reason that got me glued on her playing the piano. She was sporting a rather short hair,
this time, and she was in this simple purple shirt, blue pants and brown chucks. She was actually
silent, and except for some of the shots directed on her direction that she gave this seemingly shy
smile, it seems she was pretty much just there to do her thing.

Then next, there's my good friend, Cilee, along with her band, the last performers of the night. One,
I was very happy to finally see her perform, as I had actually missed the other performances she
had and simply relished on two of their tracks I have in my playlist, and two, I did not know she was
this person on stage. She used to be our barkada clown, along with Jany, whom we always kid
around with.

Last night, I was seated on the floor to watch her perform, sometimes singing some lines I knew
of, and was actually amazed of this girl with her fingers comfortably switching different keys of her
electric guitar, often times stepping on those sound equipment I do not of, singing their song as if
everyone was not around, and most part of it, with a disheveled hair in this really comfortable chucks.

And as I sat back at our spot (of which a number of people were jealous of), I was amazed, and as
Prinsesa pointed it out, also referring to after our dive, "Dugay lagi ka maka-get over noh?"

And I wish, I were that cool.
As I told Prinsesa and Journey, they were there as if they had their own world just doing their thing. They
were not out there to showoff they had a great voice, they were there simply because... they were there.

And now I understand why singers close their eyes.



Around this time yesterday I was singing my heart and lungs out as I am today in the office. Now, I'm
considering of getting some chucks, haha. And one last time before I publish this post, with a last
gulp of the orange juice, the office will bear with me sing.
Promise chairs, I will be off to work after this. :)







0 commentaries:

Post a Comment