Wednesday, September 2, 2009

a chinese learning japanese



I must be crazy. I decided to take the JLPT exam level 4
(that's Japanese Language Proficiency Test) despite other
people uncertain about it. I actually surveyed
from the rest
of my office mates, and all I got earlier was a
no.


I approached sensei earlier, as well and asked him if he
thinks 3
months cramming for 300 kanji and 1500 words
would work for
me.


His initial reaction was, "Sou desu ne." (He's thinking)
But he said he's happy that I was the first person in line,
and
he'll help me out with it.


What was I thinking? It was an impulsive decision,
believing
my id, ego or super ego, that it would be a challenge.


I consoled myself that writing the characters is not as hard,
as eleven years of writing in Chinese at least has its merit.



I was sitting at Jeshell's place to discuss of the system, when
sensei messaged her. I asked her to forward it to me, although

I initially wanted to just blog about the last line.


"Daijoobu I think you're the nearest person for passing JLPT.
And examinor is only you and chelito san for Level 4. That's
why I can support you with all my force. Trust me!"


Ouch. And he couldn't even spell my name right.
He has mistaken me for my male office mate. Yes, male.
And to think I'm wearing wedges today!


Watashi wa kanojo desu (I am a girl.) I wish I know how to
say, Yes, and I have boobs, too. But not really.


Seriously though, the message was like a pin-prick,
but then I again, I seriously need a lot of work, where it is
concerned. So I'll continue to be challenged, cross
my fingers tight and see if I'd make it come December.


So anyway, other people followed suit. iduunno why I was
laughing
out loud when Peter messaged me:


First Message: ni submit na ka ug form? unsa gamiton? lapis? ballpen?

Second Message: hehe... gi unsa pagpapilit ang picture? stapler or paste



Haay,what was I thinking, right?

0 commentaries:

Post a Comment