Wednesday, August 5, 2009

becuase it feels like friday, that's why


I'm no better than most of the students. I get rather elated when holidays are up. No classes for them, no work me. But I got to say, I teared up when Kris went crying on national tv, and goosebumps on those yellow confetti drop.

Regardless if I felt that tinge knowing that the country has lost a great leader, holidays will always be holidays, and I just can't help entertaining the idea what if, just what if. But, until that happens, I've got the present to unravel the ribbons.

Anyway, I've always been a happy blogger.
And generally? I'm a happy person, a very happy person.
I also love to smile, constantly if you meet me often, that is.
And as I wake up each day to a little girl poking my eyes, I have all the reasons to smile and be grateful.
Otherwise, I go to the comfort room, and wash my face.

Anyway, I was in the cab with a coffee jelly in hand earlier, on the way home. I thought of, one, how happy really the feeling was of that almost-feeling-like-a-Friday day, and two, that people just want to hear what they want to hear.

I've just thought of that after giving someone a skype bear hug, and giving that reassurance that things will be better in the future, somehow. It didn't matter if I was younger than she is. Nor did it matter to the rest of those I have had such intimate talks with that I was not really the best person to know of the subject - be it on love life, or the lack thereof, or quarter life crisis, or depression, or whatever.

But my reply has pretty much been standard, that things will be okay somehow, unless they decide them to be so. This is almost like a default I have even conditioned myself.

I am no wise person. Regardless if those that I spell out in our conversation seem rather smart, or just the right nudge to get them thinking, again, people just want to hear what they want to hear.

It's either like simplifying for a friend what she's really concerned of, if she's looking for something, or wanting for something to happen, or spelling out for another what would be a likely option if I were in his place. More often than not, they listen.

Okay, I kinda give out seemingly smart responses. But really, complications easily mean just tangled simplification. As I knock on my friend's shell, we both came into an agreement that I know we both know what she has to do, only that she is too stubborn and closed to the idea of acknowledging it. It takes just those simple questions clothed as seemingly-wise-but-not-really-questioning to spell it out to them.

I am not the happiest of all persons.
But as I hear a lot of people bitch, for the lack of better phrased and apt term, about life, and even myself, I am reminded of two things: action and contentment. It doesn't matter really how both are weighed out, or which goes first, but I'm pretty sure that such equation would equal happiness.

Anyway, it simply gotta be the holidays. Because it feels like Friday, that's why.

0 commentaries:

Post a Comment