Monday, October 12, 2009

di mo kilala ang transformers?!


I am an eavesdropper, occasionally, or most especially when my attention is piqued.


One of my bosses is among that particular attention-piquing interest I have had. More often than not, I can not help but eavesdrop when it comes to him.

Well, not that you can blame me. We have no walls and partitions whatsoever here in the office. And yes, you can't miss his voice. Should I add a natural baritone amplifier?

In the occasion that he roars, it would most likely be...

...one, because he's busy giving someone a piece of his mind. Yes, that used to be his contractors and carpenters during the time his house was still in the process of being built. (And yes, we actually got some feedback on the progress of it when eventually the phone calls lead to him being exasperated over his house insurance, and ultimately, when his house was finally built. It was more fun for me though on the former than the latter silence). Anyway,

...there's two, when he's happy. He roars with laughter.
And seriously?
I can't help laughing myself. If only I can roar my laughter, as well, than having to contain myself with mere giggles on my seat.


Like earlier this afternoon when he was seemingly joking off with a friend. "Nakita muna Transformers 2?(short pause) ...Di mo kilala ang Transformers?! (Laugh, laugh)"

Then just a little while back, he passed by my place - the convenience and hassles of being at the end corner.
Anyway,
this time, he wasn't roaring, nor was he angry. He was actually mellow. He was on his way out to get this bento-box to the pantry. Again, he was actually mellow.
And I knew it was his daughter. Who else would he say it's okay to drink sparkling water to, and constantly having to repeat himself, but still in mellow way?

And I find it really sweet.
Although chances are, that baby girl will eventually grow up and have her daddy give her a piece of his mind later on, there was once this
scary giant when it comes to subordinates, but gentle giant when he heads back home.


Yes, I was eavesdropping.
It gives me a story to remember. And few times as this, a story to write.
And although I will eventually forget whatever I have eavesdropped on, I have gotten to know that for every roaring of a king, at then end of the day, there will be a room somewhere where the mighty king is far smaller than his height... or throne.


0 commentaries:

Post a Comment